Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back to Investing

After a period of 4 months of unemployment, I once again have an income. I decided not to work during my school term at university, in favour of studying and improving my grades to attempt to renew my scholarship. I have set up Pre-authorized Purchase Plans (PPP) for my two RRSP mutual funds, alternating contributions to each every two weeks (every pay day). This way, I'll keep my allocation at about 50-50 equity and bonds. If I want to fine-tune the allocations, I'll have to save up $100 to contribute since that's the minimum contribution outside of a PPP. I've also started contributing small amounts to my stock-trading TFSA account. Once I get enough for a round of dividend stock purchase, I'll post another dividend stock analysis on what I decide to buy. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment